Get your first personal digest of your subreddits within 3 seconds*
Connect your Reddit account
*Assuming Reddit’s servers are plugged in and respond quickly. Some subreddits might need to be fetched first.
The finest benefits just for you (and everybody else)
Save time and control your Reddit addiction
- Limit the number of submissions you see.
- Set a minimum score. Submissions with lower scores will not be shown.
Reddit more efficiently to save even more time
- Reddit shows you posts you have already seen. This gets worse the more often you check Reddit and we know how often that is. redigester lets you hide them.
- After hiding all current submissions, your digest will be empty. This makes it very hard to spend hours and hours endlessly scrolling yourself into a state of blissless absentmindedness just to finally wake up and regret everything you ever did in your life.
- Submissions with more comments get higher scores.
- No pagination. That means no loading after every 25 posts. Instead, redigester shows you a high maximum number of links on one and only one page.
Sorting submissions by Top or Hot is flawed
- Top underrepresents small subreddits as their submissions’ scores are usually low compared to large subreddits.
- Top is bad for posts from 2–6 days ago. There is only Top Today and Top This Week. If you have been on Reddit 3 days ago, you will see the posts you have already seen from 4–7 days ago.
- Hot is flawed when you want to see posts older than a day or so as old posts lose their hotness rapidly.
- At the moment, hot is even more flawed because of an algorithm change that makes it staler than that pizza you forgot about a week ago.
Scores are hard to compare
- Reddit does not give you a comparable score for a submission with 10 points in a small subreddit and a submission with 2000 points in a large subreddit. 10 points in a small subreddit could mean that 100% of its subscribers upvoted it. 2000 points in a default subreddit could mean that less than 1‰ upvoted it. Scores on redigester take this into account and are more comparable.
Live your dreams
- Go on vacation and do not check Reddit. All the great content from all your subreddits will be be easily accessible when you are back.
- Restore your work-life-Reddit balance.
- Spend more time with your family. Or less because of all the new friends and hobbies you will have time for.
- Spend time outside. Give it a try, it is not that bad.
- Spend time with your cat or dog.
- Save your marriage. Or have enough time for a divorce.
- Get to bed in time. Sleep deprivation makes you stupid. Try to imagine, just for one moment, how many redditors must not get enough sleep.
See all your subreddits
- Reddit limits the number of subreddits on your frontpage to 50 subreddits (100 if you have gold).[source] redigester will show you all your subreddits all the time.
Some features require access to my Reddit account? Are you kidding?
No. Sadly, I will not be able to post stupid comments under your name – that will remain your responsibility.
Here is the list of granted permissions and how redigester uses them:
My Identity: Access my Reddit username and signup date.
redigester is remarkably polite and calls you by name.
Edit My Subscriptions: Manage my subreddit subscriptions. Manage “friends” – users whose content I follow.
To allow you to subscribe to or unsubscribe from subreddits directly on redigester.
My Subreddits: Access the list of subreddits I moderate, contribute to, and subscribe to.
redigester uses your subreddit subscriptions to create a personal digest of your frontpage. Or would you rather like to see the digest of some random redditor’s frontpage?
Connect your Reddit account now!